9/15/10

I Am A PhotoEntomologist

The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet. ~Paul Erlich

This past LongHot Texas Summer I got to practice my PhotoEntomology on several of the 'Drive About ShootOuts' with HiHoney. The interesting thing about being a PhotoEntomologist is that you never know when you are going to get to put your Skills to good use. The difference between me and Regular Entomologist...butterfly collectors who capture butterflies with a net then stick em with pins...is that I capture with NeatONikon then stick the stick in the puter. The Skill in all that?

Well, it's all about 'Being In The Right Place at The Right Time'.



Butterflies are self propelled flowers. ~R.H. Heinlein
and
...... are flowers that fly and all but sing:
And now from having ridden out desire
They lie closed over in the wind and cling
Where wheels have freshly sliced the April mire
~Robert Frost~



Theme
Flora Fauna & Pets

Friday Shoot Out List

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the little yellow fellow on the lantana. Someday I WILL have a camera worthy of shooting these little creatures. Until then, I'll just have to admire yours!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Butterfly, butterfly, wait for me don't fly away. Two other bloggers have featured butterflies on the Thursday Song Theme,
but me, like Kathy, have yet to take a good photo of htem. Thanks.

In the eye of the beholder said...

I love Butterflies. My favorite one is the frist one.

Scriptor Senex said...

Beautiful - and I love your blog header!

Jama said...

The butterflies are so lovely!

psychelyn said...

i love butterflies. i'd be one if i'm not me ",)

Bagman and Butler said...

Wonderful shots and I love the self-propelled flowers quote!

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, great shots. I love the two butterflies together.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Excellent shots. Butterflies are gorgeous subjects. I don't see too many butterflies in Vegas, but I know they are here somewhere.

kate sweeten said...

Ohhh, that first one is awesome! We're starting to get monarchs flying in around here...I hope to catch a few on film before they keep migrating.

Kim, USA said...

This is awesome!! Love your shots!
Flora and Fauna

Pauline said...

What a beautiful complete package - from the header to your photos, to the quote. Lovely photos of a gorgeous subject! Love the delicate, soft colours in the last shot.

Unknown said...

nice shots of butterflies. they are a hard one to get. love your header also.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Beautiful, breathtaking pictures. We did not get many butterflies this year, so your pictures were an extra joy!
Hugs,
Jil
xo

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ooooooo beautiful shots..I love butterflies!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...