10/14/10

The Accidental Chair ShootOut!

Funny how a chair just happens to be sitting in a photograph. I don't remember taking any of these photos of the chairs for the chairs sake. Rather, for the sake of light, shadow, landscape and nostalga. 

The discontented man finds no easy chair.
Benjamin Franklin


Sitting in this chair, my recommendation would carry too much weight.
Michael Ritchie

I limited myself to introduce a change in my way of thinking and the way I see things.
 When I look at my child, I do it in a different way then when I'm contemplating a chair.
 They are different... the child is a living being, and the chair is an object. Meg Tilly
"One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down"...Proverb
or
At the very least fall into the Bait N Beer...Sueism

Theme by JarieLynn
Chairs

14 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

The stroller is a hoot. I often see rusty old farm equipment but seldom a rusty stroller! And the missing fishermen who I imagine have gone back to town, figuring they might run short of bait and beer.

A Scattering said...

Light and shadow - that's what drives me most of the time. Love your choices.

Pauline said...

I love the abondoned child's stroller. A beautiful photo!

Unknown said...

fantastic series! love the lines and shadows in the first shot but the rusty stroller is great also.

slim pickins said...

these are beautiful choices! i especially like the lines of the first photo...

Unknown said...

As far as photography I am slowing learning but see the lines in the first one as the best shoot. But I like the one of the tractor seat the best.
QMM

Jama said...

The seats by the water looks so welcoming, don't mind if I join you there!:)

~JarieLyn~ said...

It's so amazing all the chairs that turn up in photos. I really like the tractor seat and the old stroller. Great collection and creative mind.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

better still, make some new padding for the machine, easier that way then to lose some weight.

In many of our sports arenas, and in my school auditorium, they suggest you take your cushion when you watch a game or production.

NanU said...

I really like that third photo, of the old broken-down yellow chair.

Tiffany in Topeka said...

Love that you put quotes with them!

Kim, USA said...

A beautiful choices. And I love the bible quote too. Happy Friday!
Chairs

Suburban Girl said...

Like those old rusty seats.

Sarah Siwicki said...

I am slightly biased in my love for your picture of the old tractor seat, as I grew up with a family who had at least 4 that they used to keep running. (I think only 1 or 2 are still active now!) Love the beach chairs too.

Cheers
Sarah-Paige
Nitty Gritty Chairs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...