1/10/11

The Relics of A Texas Town

A Study of Rust and Relics In
Small Town West Texas
Photos by CollectInTexas Gal

The Building


The Rust


The Rusted Relics


My Town Friday ShootOut
January 14, 2011
'Weird Stuff In Your Town'
(click on photos to enlarge)

Weird in the 1950's?  Probably not! 
Weird and Unexpected  in 2011?  Definately!
To find this Relic of a Bike at the back of The Building was a PhotoShoot Delight!
If only Donald could Quack...the stories he could tell.  Like why he has a Screw in his Head!

My Town Friday ShootOut McLinky

Thanks for visiting my post on Relics of a Texas Town.

I hope you enjoyed this Study of the History of a Small West Texas Town Through Photography.

More of this PhotoShoot in the Flicker SlideShow!

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

great collection of photos...love the old, abandoned buildings & the variations of the rust colors.

Sylvia K said...

OK, you've got me curious now! What little West Texas town is this one? Terrific captures! Hope you had a lovely holiday season and that your week is off to a great start!!

Sylvia

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

My kind of finds, the bike is a real find. Great shots and it does bring back memories of when this town was new and filled with love.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Great pictures. What kind of camera?

Carol

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What wonderful images! I just love your intersting and very creative photographs. You have a very artistic eye!
Yvonne

* said...

Great collection. I am just beginning to appreciate photography.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ooooo some of those panels I think I would take right on home with me!! Giggle..the Donald Duck was wonderful!! Beautiful work!!
Sarah :)

Jama said...

Wonderful images from an abandon house!

Bagman and Butler said...

If I remember right, Frankenstein had screws in his head.

DawnTreader said...

Poor Donald!
Grat collection of pictures, it can be very interesting looking at abandoned houses and "junk" through the camera eye.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Wow, that is a great find. I think it's wierd but like you said, it probably was normal in the 50's. Great pictures. I love all of your old and rusty pics too.

spiritsoflena said...

There's a strange beauty to your shots. I really enjoyed them.

A Scattering said...

Donald is both weird and creepy. Love the deserted town shots.

Unknown said...

a photographers paradise, if you like the old and rusty. what a great place with lots of treasures.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Not the results of Hurricane Katrina? I was watching a documentary on the hurricanes, and went oh!!!! It was worst that the Australian floods.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...