1/24/11

Texas Friendly and Seven FotoFacts




....and Welcome to my Friendly Home Town of San Angelo, Texas.  

The Texas State Motto is 'FRIENDSHIP' and was adopted by the Texas Legislature in 1930.

 State mottoes may be said to reflect the character and beliefs of the citizens of the state, or more accurately, the citizens of the state when they were adopted.

State mottoes can help us gain insight into the history of a state.

Click HERE for the List of US State Mottoes.

You may be wondering why all this Talk about Texas and Friendship!

It is this Texas Gals way of  'Doing The Texas Photo TwoStep'...or...'Killing Two Birds with One Stone...or in BlogTalk...Multi-Posting!

So, here goes a Multi-Photo Post for.....

A Blog Award
and
January 28th Theme 
'Things Around My Town with The Letter F'


Thanks to Doreen at My Reflections as I Shutter Along for this Award.

In accepting the Stylish Blogger Award I am to:
  1. Thank the bestower....done.
  2. Pass the Award to 15 Recently Discovered Bloggers...This I will accomplish with the Friday ShootOut Group.  You are ALL a Bunch of Talented Photographers and Bloggers.  Please capture the Award Button and Post on YOUR Blog along with this list of Rules. 
  3. Be sure and contact the Bloggers you choose to Pass this Award on to.
  4. Share SEVEN Things about Yourself!   Mine are in Photos....afterall this is CollectInTexas Gals PhotoBlog!
Keep In Mind these Photos will Reflect the Friday ShootOut Theme - The Letter F as well as My Seven Facts!

Foto and Fact #1 ~ I am a GRIT...Girl Raised In Texas by an Iowa Farm Girl Mother and a Texas Cowboy Father.

Foto and Fact #2 ~ I am the First of Five Children and the Fifth Generation of Texas Pioneers in West Texas.
Please visit my Family Heritage Blog {if you like}
for
Stories Based on Fact and Old Family Photos

Foto and Fact #3 ~ All my Siblings live in Texas within Four Hours driving distance. 

Foto and Fact #4 ~ I married my HighSchool Sweetheart Forty-Five years ago.  We eloped to Juarez Mexico to get hitched!

Foto and Fact #5 ~ I am a Texas History Buff of Old Cemetaries like this one in my Former Home Town of Fort Stockton, Texas.
Foto and Fact #6 ~ I am a Master Quilter, Collector and Apprasier of Vintage Quilts, and Former Quilt Shop Owner. 
I do lots of Fiddling with Fotos, but I do not play the Fiddle! 
(Thanks GingerV for the Fiddle Tip)
Foto and Fact #7 ~ I take pictures of Texas Weeds!
Funny, huh?

16 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Fun post for the day! I did enjoy your photos and they did bring back memories! Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!

Sylvia

~JarieLyn~ said...

I really enjoyed this post. These were some fun facts and great photos.

Unknown said...

how clever of you to combine the two. loved the photos and learning more about you.

Gayla said...

I think your post is Great! Fun facts great and pictures. I have a sister you moved to Texas, I plan in visiting her so near Dallas.

DawnTreader said...

That's a clever way of handling that award (I just struggled with it earlier in the week...)
Fun photos, and a great motto for the town!

Unknown said...

Gal I give you the blue ribbon for this f post. I found mine a little flat.
QMM

Kerry said...

Clever post! Why, you found fabulous facts to inform us. Excellent. Fifth generation? A long time.

Jama said...

nothing funny about taking photos of weeds, cos I do that too! lol

Bagman and Butler said...

Great job of combining blog themes!

GigiSxm said...

Hi from the Friendly Island of St Martin/Stmaarten. That's our moto and way of life. great post

GingerV said...

oh that was fun, I love it when I have comments to make all the way down the post.
I have been in San Angelo, I have been in fort Stockton. neither has been on my list for a return - but now I see 'how nice' it all looks.
you left out a comment on the FIDDLE.

shabby girl said...

Aren't you the clever one?! Well done!
Interesting and fun!

Pauline said...

I agree. Clever and entertaining post. I love it when someone surprises me with their take on a topic. Lovely photos, too.

slim pickins said...

this was a lot of fun!

psychelyn said...

very interesting! not only wonderful pictures but also great information :)

A Scattering said...

I love your approach to the theme - very clever and entertaining.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...