1/2/11

Ride On In To Fort Chadbourne, Texas

Historic Fort Chadbourne PhotoShoot
Visit Website for History and Facts
Photos by CollectInTexas Gal




Friday MyTown ShootOut
January 7, 2010
MyTown MacroShots
(click on photos to enlarge)




Although Fort Chadbourne is located half way between MyTown of San Angelo and Abilene, one of the main streets in San Angelo is CHADBOURNE STREET. 


Chadbourne Street runs all the way through San Angelo, and was the main street of town in 1908 when this post card was made.

Most of the buildings seen here are still on Chadbourne Street in Historic DownTown San Angelo. 

You can view this post card and more of San Angelo's Historic Buildings HERE.

Friday MyTown ShootOut McLinky

Thanks for visiting my Fort Chadbourne, Texas Post. 
I hope you enjoyed the Tour and the Historic Information. 
The rest of my PhotoShoot is presented in the SlideShow.  

18 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Interesting place and history! Terrific photos as always! I do hope you and your family had a great holiday and wishing you all the good things for the year to come!

Sylvia

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

fantastic shots, I love going to Historical places like this.
Molly

Carol said...

Very interesting! Have a great week!

EG CameraGirl said...

I just know I'd enjoy roaming the grounds of this historic fort. The history is sure to be interesting and the photo ops inspirational!

Happy New Year!

xinex said...

Beautiful photography! I love historic places. My favorite picture is the one with the cactus...Christine

Unknown said...

Great shots Christine. I am knew at the macro shots. I think I got it though. I like the cactus also. Blessings
QMM

Kerry said...

I would really like to visit this part of the country. 1857! Cool. I like the cactus!

A Scattering said...

You have a great eye Christine. I love seeing places so different from where I live. Have a great weekend!

Jama said...

Interesting looking town!

Pauline said...

Wonderful photos, Christine. Love the different shots of the old red wheel. Your slide show was a great time waster - thank you!

Bagman and Butler said...

Great shots. I love the closeup of old graffiti.

Scriptor Senex said...

Love the graffiti and the cactus - what could be more 'Texas' to us foreigners than a cactus!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ooooo beautiful shots..I adore them all!! I lived in the desert for a long time...nice memories!! Wonderful shootout!! Sarah :)

Suburban Girl said...

Love the little bit of spider's web in the ifrst photo.

spiritsoflena said...

the cactus is interesting. I enjoyed your shots!

Gayla said...

I like the first shot of the wood and the cactus. All of the were good though.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I like the macro shots of the red wheel in the wagaon. Very lovely shots. Nice place to visit. I enjoy historical places like this.

Unknown said...

I am with Kerry. your shots are fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...