11/18/11

Balancer VS Lopsider....FridayMTShootOut

Mother Nature Symmetry
Turtle Shell
The lower shell that encases the belly is called the plastron. The carapace and plastron are joined together on the turtle's sides by bony structures called bridges. The inner layer of a turtle's shell is made up of about 60 bones that include portions of the backbone and the ribs, meaning the turtle cannot crawl out of its shell.  Tortoises, being land-based, have rather heavy shells. In contrast, aquatic and soft-shelled turtles have lighter shells that help them avoid sinking in water and swim faster with more agility.  Wikepedia
Conclusion:  Texas Turtles that Float the Concho are at risk of going PlastronUp when they OverImbibe and try shucking their SwimSuits. 
Pistol Packin' HollyHock
In Japan, the Holly Hock was incorporated into the official seal of the Tokugawa Shogunate, and through this influence has maintained importance in modern Japanese culture.

Such a beautiful and perfect example of one Mother Nature's symmetrical creations.
Texas Mother Nature blessed us with a bountiful harvest of 'Pistol Packin' Holly Hocks this year at the San Angelo Picket Fence Gardens.


Man-Made Symmetry
 Magazine Display at Hastings
Featuring Famous Cowboy Movie Star/Singer
Roy Rodgers

This Symmetry Theme was fun for me, as it is my Nature to Balance Everything. 
However, as a Professional Artist/Designer I have 'Forced' myself to be A-Symmetrical LopSider! 
How about You...are you a Balancer or a Lopsider?
Theme for Nov 18, 2011
Symmetry
More Symmetrical Shooters

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

It's my nature to like asymmetrical designs but I admit that I like the symmetrical ones you've chosen to show us today. :))

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Sorry , don't know what happened to my last comment.

Your turtle, did you flip it over? Your photo reminded me of a time when I was a young teacher. A student gave me a terrain. As I was on my way to my next class, I flipped it over, and left. When I came back, it was gone. My Colleague Mr. lee said I was so stupid.

Recently, I found some of those students and colleagues on Facebook. They told me Mr. Lee had died. yuks, only in his fifties.

Thanks for memories.

Kim, USA said...

Your selection are awesome and perfect!

Symmetry

MadSnapper said...

great job on the symmetry all of these are superb and so is your header

Unknown said...

your header is fantastic and all the shots are awesome. until I got to the fifth one, the greenery, blew me away!!

Unknown said...

Wow girl you are one creative creature. The greenery is amazing. Loved the header too.
QMM

Pauline said...

Impossible to pick a favourite, they are all fantastic. The colour in that hollyhock blows me away, so I think I'll pick that as a fav.

Kerry said...

Spectacular shots! All of them, and I especially like the landscape-y one, looking out at the river, and the bees, too: unreal. But I can't help but worry about that poor turtle.

Anonymous said...

I like the processing. Nice.

Jama said...

Great job on your man-made symmetry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...