2/3/11

My Name is Sue ... I Am A Collector!

I Collect Head Vases...


My first Head Vase is pictured in the Header and on the bottom right of the top photo collage. 
 I found her behind a toliet in an old beauty shop.  Big Hair and Little Heads is a post about Her.
A Brief History of Head Vases is online at The Headvase Museum.

I Collect Glassware and Dishes


 Collections Around My Town
Theme For
February 4, 2011

Around My Town of San Angelo, Texas
'The SheepSpectacular Collection'

The vibrant fiberglass ewes and the attraction they bring to the city are the main reasons Downtown San Angelo, Inc., an organization dedicated to the revitalization and preservation of historic downtown San Angelo, received one of the two annual Tourism Awards conferred by the San Angelo Chamber of Commerce.

The whole idea behind the Sheep Spectacular was to honor our heritage in San Angelo. San Angelo was known as the wool capital of the world, and it is still an important economic base to the city.

The Extreme Junker Collector

 His Junk Collections




As I mentioned in my 'Member Voice' post, part of my Collecting Obsession Passion is Photographing Collections. 
 What a fun time I had at The Extreme Collectors Junk Trap Treasure Shop, and after filling a ScanDisk and changing batteries twice, I left the Treasure Junk Shop Trap with a camera full of photos, a set of FireKing Christmas Dishes, a TeaPot and Tulip Candle Stick! 


Many Thanks to Doreen for giving me the opportunity to share My Collections and My Towns Collections with You. 
 I have enjoyed visiting Your Blogs with your wonderful photography and always unique and interesting takes on the Friday ShootOut Themes!

for
More Friday ShootOut Collections!

for
More Junk/Treasure Collectors

15 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I collect memories, that big glass tray, I think my mum had one of those.

Jama said...

I collect glasswares too but didn't share them in my entry as I couldn't photographed them beautifully due to the light colour and I'm too lazy to set them on the dark table.

Bagman and Butler said...

Aha! A collector of collections!! Bravo! And great montages as well. An impressive shoot. At first glance, seen all together, the head vases are a bit bizarre...which is probably why I liked them.

DawnTreader said...

Oh, you really are a collectin' gal... ;) I'm not, really, but I enjoy visiting museums!

I like the spectacular sheep!

Gayla said...

Wow! My favorites one are the womens faces. But their all great!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your collections and all the photos of others collections. Such great fun. Thanks for joining JFF! hugs, Lina

Kim, USA said...

Wow love your collections. It's my first time to see a head vase very gorgeous!
FTSO

Pauline said...

You've blown me away a bit. I'm sitting here pondering the differences that make each of us unique. I just love your collections (especially the head vases) and they reflect you whereas the little things I pick up reflect me I guess.
I think this has been a fabulous topic, giving us a real insight into each other's personality. Thanks for suggesting it.

Pam Kessler said...

I like your head vase collection. I never, ever, ever see one when I'm out thrifting or at antique stores, so it's fun to see how many you have. Thanks for all the photos of collections too. Those rusty old pedal cars are gorgeous.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Those head vases are a dream. I really am impressed. Great collection and I love all of your photos of collections too. Wonderfully done.

A Few Pennies said...

Wow--that's some collections! Love the head vases--and the cut glass is beautiful. Great pictures.

Lynn said...

Cool stuff, and how neat to have nod to this weekend's game! That who you're routing for?:@)

Unknown said...

the head vases are awesome! and the clear cut glass dishes remind of some I have that belonged to my Mom. her and Dad got them for wedding presents.

Suburban Girl said...

I never knew of head vases before. I will take notice now.

Camella Black said...

Sue, I wished we lived closer to each other as I believe we'd get along just fine! I love a good jaunt to a junk or antique store, yard sale, etc...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...